REPAIR AUXILIARY POWER UNIT COVER (M577A3 AND M1068A3 ONLY) Continued
18. Cut patch large enough to overlap 2 inches (5 cm) on all sides of area to be repaired. Allow for 3/4 inch (19 mm) turn
under of edge.
19. Fold patch in half lengthwise. Cut from open edges to folded edge at 22 1/2 degree angle as shown in illustration.
20. Center patch over damaged area. Turn under patch edges and stitch in place with a row of stitching no more than 1/8
inch (3 mm) from edge.
21. Secure patch to cover with a second row of stitching. Place second row 3/8-1/2 inch (10-13 mm) from first.
22. Turn material over. Cut away damaged area, notch corners, and turn edges in. Stitch turned-in edges to patch with a row
of stitching no more than 1/8 inch (3 mm) from edge.
Stow or install cover on carrier (see your -10).
END OF TASK
0071 00-5/6 blank