1. Inspect accelerator linkage for bent, loose, broken or
2. With pedal (1) in full throttle position, travel spring
(2) should be compressed so that a gap of 1/64 to
3/64 inch (0.4 to 1.0 mm) exists between pivot pin
(3) and rod stop (4).
3. Are accelerator linkage parts in good condition, cor-
1. Remove air cleaner element (see your -10).
2. Remove air cleaner hose (page 7-3).
3. Inspect air cleaner hose (l), engine intake (2), and
air cleaner cover (3) for signs of obstruction or
4. Are air cleaner hose, engine intake, and air cleaner
1. Repair/adjust accelerator
linkage parts (page 23-27).
2. Verify no faults found.
1. Remove any obstructions.
2. Replace unserviceable air
cleaner hose (page 7-3) or
air cleaner cover
3. Verify no faults found.
GO TO NEXT PAGE
rectly adjusted, and working properly?