(8) Remove cable stowage cleat, if installed. (Refer to TM 9-2320-280-20.)
(9) Remove missile guidance set (MGS) battery rack assembly, if installed. (Refer to TM 9-2320-280-20.)
b. LEFT RABBET REINFORCEMENT INSTALLATION.
It may be necessary to replace identification data plate, if
damaged during removal.
(1) Mark an outline around identification data plate and driver's seat adjustment decal on left rabbet
(2) Remove identification data plate and driver's seat decal from left rabbet assembly as shown in
(3) Remove four screws, washers, and bracket from left side body and "B" pillar as shown in figure 2.
Clamping devices are necessary during installation of
reinforcement to left rabbet assembly.
Ensure inside surface of rabbet assembly is free of foreign
Ensure edges of reinforcement are flush with "B" pillar and left
Upon completion of drilling, remove any sharp edges and burrs.
(4) Position 12342379 reinforcement to inside of left rabbet assembly and position 12342729
template to outside of left rabbet assembly. Using template, drill eleven 0.191-inch diameter holes
through left rabbet assembly and reinforcement as shown in figure 3.
(5) Use 0.328-inch diameter drill bit to countersink holes on left rabbet assembly within marked
outline from data plate and driver's seat adjustment decal as shown in figure 3.
(6) Apply 00206 part 1 activator to inside of left rabbet assembly as shown in figure 4.
(7) Apply 00206 part 2 adhesive to mating surface of reinforcement as shown in figure 5.
When installing reinforcement to rabbet assembly, use clamping
devices to compress adhesive between surfaces and to eliminate any
air pockets and gaps. Failure to do this may result in insufficient
Use NAS9301BNS-6-03 rivets in drilled holes which did not
require countersinking and NAS9303B-6-3 rivets in countersunk
holes drilled in left rabbet assembly.
(8) Install reinforcement to left rabbet assembly and secure with eleven (any combination)
NAS9301BNS-6-03 or NAS9303B-6-3 rivets as shown in figures 5 and 6.
(9) Using existing holes for identification data plate on left rabbet assembly as a template, drill four
0.128-inch diameter holes through reinforcement as shown in figure 6.
(10) Install identification data plate to left rabbet assembly and secure with four M24243/1-A404