AIR CLEANER MAINTENANCE
If NBC exposure Is suspected, all air filter media will be handled by personnel wearing full NBC
protective equipment. Consult your unit NBC Officer or NBC NCO for appropriate handling or
Depending on conditions, air cleaner must be removed periodically for cleaning. Loss in engine power, an overheating
engine, or excessive black exhaust may indicate need for more frequent cleaning. If yellow sleeve of air cleaner restriction
indicator has climbed into red zone, air cleaner is restricted and air filters must be checked.
1. Park vehicle on level ground.
2. Shut off engine (p. 2-99).
3. Remove all projectiles from right rack assembly (p. 2-181).
4. Remove canisters from stowage box on top of right rack assembly.
5. Move right rack assembly toward rear of vehicle (p. 2-182).
6. Remove right access door (4) by pulling down locking latch (3) and lifting door.
Do not pull up left door too far as this will cause binding and damage to door when removing.
7. Remove left access door (1) by pulling down locking latch (2), pulling door up slightly, and sliding door to right.