1. PORTABLE INSTRUMENT PANEL CHECKOUT PROCEDURE (continued)
Never allow flame or any smoking within 50 feet of fueling operations.
3. FUEL gage (3) should be near FULL mark at start of operations. If necessary, shut down engine and fill tanks.
4. MASTER WARNING
lamp (4) should go out after engine has run for 15 seconds.
If the MASTER WARNING light goes on during operation, immediately
check TRANSMISSION OIL PRESSURE gage, TRANSMISSION OIL
TEMPerature gage, ENGINE WATER TEMPerature gage, and ENGINE OIL
PRESSURE gage (steps 4, 5, 6, and 7, respectively) for readings in the
normal ranges. If gage readings are correct but lamp stays lit, notify Unit
5. COOLANT level indicator lamp (5) should be set to OFF.
6. Press COOLANT level indicator lamp (5) to check that lamp works.
7. TRANSMISSION OIL PRESSURE gage (6) should indicate 18-45 psi at 1835-1900 rpm. Minimum allowable pressure
is 10 psi at 1000 rpm.
8. TRANSMISSION OIL TEMPerature gage (7) should indicate 220°F to 2400F. Maximum allowable temperature is
9. ENGINE WATER TEMPerature gage (8) should indicate between 170°F and 1850F. Maximum allowable temperature