STARTING MAIN ENGINE (continued)
8. Pull FUEL SHUT OFF handle (19) to OFF
before checking for hydrostatic lock.
9. Check for hydrostatic lock by intermittently activating
STARTER switch (22) (with MASTER switch (17) set to ON and
FUEL SHUT OFF handle (19) pulled out).
10. Release FUEL SHUT OFF handle (19).
11. Place throttle control lever (20) in idle position.
12. If fuel filters have been drained since last start, hold FUEL
PRIME switch (21) at ON for 1 minute. Release switch after allotted
Protect our hearing. Due to high-intensity noise, hearing
protection is required when operating this vehicle.
Do not operate starter continuously for over 30 seconds. If
engine does not start, allow one-minute cool-off period before
again engaging starter. Notify Unit maintenance if engine fails
to start after fourth try.
continuously for more than 30 seconds. If tactical situation dictates,
commander can use combat override switch (p. 2-241) to allow
continuous cranking of starter for more than 30 seconds.
13. Push and hold engine STARTER switch (22) to START until