TOWING OPERATIONS - Continued
Towing Vehicle to Start Engine
1. When M992 is towing to start an M109-family vehicle, M109 cab should
be turned 180° to keep tube from striking M992.
2. Connect tow bar or tow cables.
3. Shift into 2nd.
4. Turn vehicle MASTER switch ON.
5. Depress brake pedal and release parking BRAKE LOCK.
Never depress accelerator pedal on towed vehicle.
6. Tow vehicle in straight line forward. Do not exceed 10 mph.
Connect tow bar or tow cables.
7. After engine starts, shift to neutral and adjust hand throttle control
lever to run engine at a fast idle (approximately 1000 rpm).
8. Disconnect towing vehicle.