BACKING THE VEHICLE - Continued
Backing with One On-board Guide
1. Open rear doors (p 2-135 and 2-136).
2. Driver and guide will connect CVC helmet cables to control box receptacles and
switch on intercommunications equipment. Guide must use control box just in-
side vehicle rear doorway.
3. Driver and guide wiii establish intercommunications via communications equip-
For the safety of personnel in the area, if communica-
tions are interrupted during backing operations, driver
must stop vehicle.
To avoid damage to the upper rear door and injury to
personnel in the area, ground guide must always con-
sider rear clearance of opened door when instructing
4. From rear doorway, guide wiil check vehicle path. Guide will verbally instruct
driver in backing vehicle.
5. Driver will slowly back vehicle according to instructions.
6. Guide and driver wili continue in this manner until backing operations are com-
7. After vehicle is properiy positioned, turn off intercommunications equipment; re-
move and stow CVC helmets.