PORTABLE INSTRUMENT PANEL CHECKOUT PROCEDURE - Continued
3. Press COOLANT level indicator lamp (2) to check that lamp works.
4. TRANSMISSION OIL PRESSURE gage (4) should indicate 18-45 psi at
1835-1900 rpm. Minimum allowable pressure is 10 psi at 1000 rpm.
5. TRANSMISSION OIL Temperature gage (4) should indicate 220oF to 240oF.
Maximum allowable temperature is 300oF.
6. ENGINE WATER Temperature gage (5) should indicate between 170oF and
185oF. Maximum allowable temperature is 230oF.
7. ENGINE OIL PRESSURE GAGE (6) should indicate between 30 and 50 psi at
1000 rpm and between 50 and 70 psi at 2100 rpm. Maximum allowable pressure
is 70 psi.
If engine oil pressure Is below 30 psi at 1000 rpm, check
8. Instrument panel lights (7) should be OFF at this time. Turn on lights, if de-
sired,to illuminate portable instrument panel.
9. FUEL gage (8) should be near FULL mark at start of operations. If necessary,
shut down engine and fill tanks.
Never allow smoking or flame within 50 feet of fueling