R E P A I R T R A C K I D L E R A R M ( A L L E X C E P T M 7 4 1 A 1 )
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 35, App B)
See your -20
Track idler arm assembly removed
(see your -20)
Hub assembly removed (see your -20)
Track Vehicle Repairer 63H10
R E M O VE
N O TE
To remove retaining ring, pry open with a
screwdriver tip in slot of ring. Retaining
ring pliers are not required.
1. Remove retaining ring (1), cover (2) and
packing (3) from arm (4). Discard packing.
2. Remove retaining ring (5), spacer (6), arm
Discard packing and seal.
3. Remove two bearings (9) from arm
I N S T A L L
Install two bearings (9) in arm (4).
Install new non-metallic seal (7) and arm (4)
on spindle (8). Secure with spacer (6) and
retaining ring (5).
Install new packing (3) in arm (4).
Secure cover (2) in arm (4) with retaining
1. Install track idler arm assembly
(see your -20) .
2. Install hub assembly (see your -20).
3. Lube track idler arm (see your LO).
END OF TASK
(4) and non-metallic seal (7) from spindle (8).