R E P L A C E F R O N T B I L G E V A L V E
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 30, App D)
See your -10
Engine stopped/shutdown (see your -10)
Ramp lowered (see your -10)
Drivers rear floor plate removed (page 24-44)
Self-locking nut (3)
Personnel heater floor duct removed
(page 29-47 or 29-48)
Left front floor plate removed (page 24-40)
1. Remove three locknuts ( 1), six washers (2),
and three screws (3) from hull cross
beam (4). Discard locknuts.
2. Remove valve (5) from beam.
CLEAN, INSPECT, AND
3. Check valve, housing and fittings for cracks,
leaks, and wear. Replace if needed.
4. Install valve (5) on hull cross beam (4).
5. Secure with three screws
and three new locknuts (1).
(3), six washers (2),
1. Check for freedom of movement of valve after
4. Install drivers
5. Raise and lock
2. Install left front floor plate (page 24-40).
3. Install personnel heater floor duct
(page 28-47 or 28-48).
rear floor plate
ramp (see your
engine (see your 10).
END OF TASK