STE/ICE-R CHARGING CIRCUIT TROUBLESHOOTING
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 30,
STE/ICE-R Test Set (Item 71.1, App
Charging system malfunctions (page 3-55)
Engine stopped (see your -10)
Carrier blocked (see your -10)
Trim vane lowered (see your -10)
Power plant access door open (see your -10)
STE/ICE-R power hooked up (page 3-275)
C O N D I T I O N C U R R E N T P R O B E
Clamp current probe around battery positive cable.
Point arrow on current probe toward starter and clamp
probe on battery positive cable to starter.
Ensure current probe is closed.
Crank engine for several cycles with fuel off.
Turn off all electrical power.
Set test select switches to 90.
Press and hold test until CAL appears on display.
Is offset value within limits of- 225 to + 225?
1. Remove current probe from battery cable.
2. Start engine (see your-10).
3. Install current probe around circuit 2 lead of generator.
4. Point arrow on current probe toward battery.
1. Go to offset fault isolation
2. Repeat this troubleshooting.