S T E / I C E - R S T A R T E R C I R C U I T T R O U B L E S H O O T I N G
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 30, App D)
STE/ICE-R Test Set (Item 71.1, App D)
See your 10
Engine cranks slowly (page 3-25)
Engine stopped (see your -10)
Carrier blocked (see your -10)
Trim vane lowered (see your -10)
Power plant access door open (see your -10)
All electrical power off (see your -10)
STE/ICE-R hooked up for tests 72 thru 75
STE/ICE-R hooked up for power (page 3-275)
1. Make sure all electrical accessories are off.
2. Set test select switches to 74.
3. Press and hold test button until CAL appears on
4. Release test button, wait for offset value to appear on
5. Is offset value within-225 to +225?
1. Install current probe on positive battery cable.
2. Shut off fuel.
3. Press and release test button.
N O TE
While cranking engine with bad or
discharged batteries, it is possible for
VTM to lose power and come on again
after cranking has stopped. If this
occurs, clean battery posts and clamps.
If they are loose or corroded, correct
them and repeat test.
4. When GO appears, crank engine until OFF or ERROR
message is displayed (normally 5 seconds).
5. Is a number displayed?
G O T O N E X T P A G E
1. Go to offset fault isolation
I 2. Verify no faults found.