(2) Remove identification data plate and driver's seat adjustment decal from left rabbet assembly as
(3) Remove four screws, washers, and bracket from left side body and "B" pillar as shown in figure 2.
Clamping devices are necessary during installation of
reinforcement to left rabbet assembly.
Ensure inside surface of rabbet assembly is free of foreign materials.
Ensure edges of reinforcement are flush with "B" pillar and left
Upon completion of drilling, remove any sharp edges and burrs.
(4) Position 12342379 reinforcement to inside of left rabbet assembly and position 12342729
template to outside of left rabbet assembly. Using template, drill eleven 0.191-inch diameter holes
through left rabbet assembly and reinforcement as shown in figure 3.
(5) Use 0.328-inch diameter drill bit to countersink holes on left rabbet assembly within marked
outline from data plate and driver's seat adjustment decal as shown in figure 3.
(6) Apply 00206 part 1 activator to inside of left rabbet assembly as shown in figure 4.
(7) Apply 00206 part 2 adhesive to mating surface of reinforcement as shown in figure 5.
When installing reinforcement to rabbet assembly, use clamping
devices to compress adhesives between surfaces and to eliminate
any air pockets and gaps. Failure to do this may result in
Use M7885/2-6-3 rivets in drilled holes which did not require
countersinking and NAS9303B-6-3 rivets in countersunk holes
drilled in left rabbet assembly.
(8) Install reinforcement to left rabbet assembly and secure with eleven (any combination)
NAS9301BNS-6-03 or NAS9303B-6-3 rivets as shown in figure 6.
(9) Using existing holes for identification data plate on left rabbet assembly as a template, drill four
0.128-inch diameter holes through reinforcement as shown in figure 6.
(10) Install identification data plate to left rabbet assembly and secure with four M24243/1-A404
(11) Remove backing material from 12339101 driver's seat adjustment decal and install to left rabbet
(12) Install existing bracket, four 186676 screws, and four MS27183-10 washers to left side body and "B" pillar
c. LEFT BODY REINFORCEMENT INSTALLATION.
(1) Using 12342731 reinforcement, mark a centerline on exterior side of reinforcement and apply two
layers of PPP-T-60 tape to interior side of reinforcement as shown in figure 8.
(2) Locate and mark a reference centerline on left side body and "B" pillar as shown in figure 9.