INSTALL COMMANDERS CUPOLA ARMOR SHIELDS (M113A3 AND M1064A3 ONLY)
18. Place two 1/16 to 1/8 inch (2 to 3 mm) thick spacers (4) between blocks and shield plate so pintle flange is 1/16 to 1/8
inch (2 to 3 mm) below shield plate.
19. Using a level, check to see that pintle flange (3) and shield plate (1) are level. Make sure machine gun is still centered in
slot. Remove machine gun.
20. Use a welding machine and tack weld pintle flange to shield plate (1) in four places. Then weld pintle to upper surface
on plate with not less than 3/16 inch (4 mm) fillet weld all around pintle flange. Weld in accordance with Class I,
21. Raise and lower machine gun mount. Check for interference between ammunition tray and shield plate. Use a hand
grinder and grind off plate, as needed. Apply primer coating. See TM 43-0139.
22. Touch up any damaged areas with enamel paint. See TB 43-0209.