INSTALL COMMANDERS CUPOLA ARMOR SHIELDS (M113A3 AND M1064A3 ONLY)
12. Place left and right shields (16) and (17) on cupola. Secure with two retained flat washers (19), two cap screws (20), four
flat washers (21), four lockwashers (22), and four cap screws (23).
13. Remove two cap screws (24) and lockwashers (25) that secure plastic covered stop (26) on machine gun support.
Remove stop. Discard stop, screws, and washers.
14. Place spacer (27) and bracket (28) on machine gun support. Secure with two machine screws (29).
15. Install flat door (30) in slots in bracket (28). Install four hooks (31). Close hooks to form a chain from loop on door to
loop on bracket.
16. Place front armor shield (1) on a level surface with shield plate supported on two blocks (2) of equal height. Place blocks
about 2 1/2 inches (6 cm) apart with hole in plate centered between blocks. Blocks must support pintle flange of machine
17. Place machine gun mount (3) on shield plate (1). Install machine gun in mount. Center machine gun in shield slot.