INTRODUCTION TO HOW TO USE TROUBLESHOOTINGContinued
Locating the Correct Troubleshooting Procedure
(1) Carrier arrives at shop.
(2) Read DA Form 2404.
(3) Verify that the problem on DA Form 2404 exists.
(4) Look up the carrier symptom in the Troubleshooting Fault Symptom Index (WP 0006 00) and go to that task.
Doing the Troubleshooting Procedure
(1) Make sure you have all items in INITIAL SETUP.
(2) Perform required action(s) in Equipment Conditions.
(3) Complete the first block of task steps.
(4) Refer to system schematics for system components, details, and configuration.
(5) Answer question at the bottom of the first block.
(6) Follow YES or NO arrows to next block.
(7) Move from block to block. Answer questions and follow instructions. You may be directed to:
do further checks and tests on parts;
go to another manual and do tasks;
or go to another task in this manual.
(8) After completing the actions called for on another page or manual, return to the point in the troubleshooting
procedure where you left off.
(9) Locate the fault in the carrier or part, and perform the corrective action.
(10) Check to make sure the fault is corrected, and there are no new faults.
(11) Button up by installing items listed in Equipment Conditions after finishing the troubleshooting task.
The following sample takes you through a typical troubleshooting procedure.
Finding the Right Troubleshooting Procedure
A carrier arrives at the shop. The DA Form 2404 shows that the engine cranks slowly. The best task match is ENGINE
CRANKS SLOWLY (WP 0020 00).