OPERATING PROCEDURES - Continued
Never leave vehicle unattended while engine Is run-
This vehicle does not have an automatic transmis-
sion. It must be shifted manually.
To prevent overheating and damage of transmission
and engine, observe the following precautions:
- When starting from a halt, begin with transmis-
sion selector In Range 1.
- Do not hold vehicle on an incline with transmis-
sion in gear.
- Prior to shutting down engine, set hand throttle at
1000 to 1200 rpm for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Run at idle for 1-3 minutes prior to shutting down
- Do not block engine air intake grille with camou-
flage or other materials.
- Do not operate engine at idle for more than ten
minutes. Using hand throttle at fast idle setting
(1000 rpm) will help reduce engine overheating.