I N S T R U M E N T P A N E L I L L U M I N A T I O N L I G H T S M A L F U N C T I O N
I N I T I A L S E T U P
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 30, App D)
Digital Multimeter (Item 43, App D)
See your -10
Engine stopped/shutdown (see your -10)
Carrier blocked (me your -10)
1. Operate all exterior lights (see your -10).
1. Go to no exterior lights
2. Do any exterior lights operate in my lighting
operate (page 3-73).
control switch positions?
1. Remove instrument panell illumination light cover
lenses (1 and 2) and gaskets (3 and 4).
2. Operate lighting control switch to DIM and BRT
positions (see your -10).
3. Do both lights malfunction?
1. Remove malfunctioning bulbs from instrument panel
illumination light indicator assemblies.
2. Measure resistance between bulb center contact (1)
and bulb base (2) of each bulb.
3. Does multimeter read 0-5 ohms?
GO TO NEXT PAGE
GO TO PAGE 3-109
1. Replace light bulbs as
required (page 11-5).
2. Verify no faults found.