REPLACE AIR SEPARATOR TO FUEL TANK TUBES, HOSES, AND FITTINGS (M548A3)
34. Remove screw (1), lock washer (2), and two clamps (3) from two fuel pump return hoses (4) and hull. Discard
35. Disconnect two fuel pump return hoses (4) from two elbows (5) on two fuel pumps (6). Remove elbows from fuel pumps.
36. Remove two fuel pump return hoses (4) and grommets (7) from bulkhead. Discard grommets.
37. Remove two screws (8), lock washers (9), four clamps (10), and two fuel pump supply hoses (11) from hull. Discard
38. Disconnect two fuel pump supply hoses (11) from two elbows (12) on two fuel pumps (6). Remove elbows from fuel
Inspect hoses for cracks and deformation. Replace hoses that show either of these defects.
Inspect tubes for crimps, cracks, or damaged ends. Replace tubes that show any of these defects.
Inspect fittings and connections for worn areas and damaged threads. Replace parts that show either of these defects.
Apply sealing compound to threads of elbows. Do not apply compound beyond end of threads.
Clean external threads of screws and straight pipe fittings and apply a light coat of antiseize compound.
Clean tapered pipe threads and apply a light coat of sealing compound.