STE/ICE-R CHARGING CIRCUIT TROUBLESHOOTING
Tools and Special Tools
General Mechanics Tool Kit (WP 0541 00, Item 57)
STE/ICE-R Test Set (WP 0541 00, Item 6)
See your -10
(WP 0023 00)
Engine stopped (see your -10)
Carrier blocked (see your -10)
Power plant rear access door/panel removed
(see your -10)
STE/ICE-R hooked up for power (WP 0114 00)
CONDITION CURRENT PROBE
1. Clamp current probe around battery positive cable.
2. Point arrow on current probe toward starter and clamp probe on
battery positive cable to starter.
3. Ensure current probe is closed.
4. Crank engine for several cycles with fuel off.
5. Turn off all electrical power.
6. Set test select switches to 90.
7. Press and hold test until CAL appears on display.
8. Is offset value within limits of -225 to + 225?
1. Go to offset fault isolation. See TM
2. Repeat this troubleshooting.
1. Remove current probe from battery cable.
2. Start engine (see your -10).
3. Install current probe around circuit 2 lead of generator.
4. Point arrow on current probe toward battery.