STE/ICE-R STARTER CIRCUIT TROUBLESHOOTING
Tools and Special Tools
General Mechanics Tool Kit (WP 0541 00, Item 57)
STE/ICE-R Test Set (WP 0541 00, Item 6)
See your -10
(WP 0012 00 or WP 0013 00)
Engine stopped (see your -10)
Carrier blocked (see your -10)
Center seat raised (see your -10))
All electrical power off (see your -10)
STE/ICE-R hooked up for tests 72 thru 75 (WP 0117 00)
STE/ICE-R hooked up for power (WP 0114 00)
1. Make sure all electrical accessories are off.
2. Set test select switches to 74.
3. Press and hold test button until CAL appears on display.
4. Release test button, wait for offset value to appear on display.
5. Is offset value within -225 to +225?
1. Go to offset fault isolation TM
2. Verify no faults found.
While cranking engine with bad or discharged batteries, it is
possible for VTM to lose power and come on again after
cranking has stopped. If this occurs, clean battery posts and
clamps. If they are loose or corroded, correct them and
1. Install current probe on positive battery cable.
2. Shut off fuel.
3. Press and release test button.
4. When GO appears, crank engine until OFF or ERROR message is
displayed (normally 5 seconds).
5. Is a number displayed?
GO TO EY (PAGE 0109 00-6)