4-6. FUEL TANK PAD REPLACEMENT.
This Task Covers:
· Dry-cleaning solvent (Item 9, Appendix B)
· General mechanic's tool kit (Item 19,
· Powerpack removed (refer to
· Upper fuel tank removed (para 4-3).
· Adhesive (Item 2, Appendix B)
· Lower fuel tank removed (para 4-4).
Fuel tanks are constructed of fiberglass. To avoid damaging fuel tanks, use extreme
care when removing fuel tank pads.
· Remove only pads that are defective.
· All pads are removed and installed the same way.
· Record size and location of pads prior to removal.
Remove damaged pad (1) from hull and upper or lower fuel tank (2 or 3). Discard pad.
Dry-cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Always wear protective
goggles and gloves, and use only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin,
eyes, and clothing, and DO NOT breathe vapors. DO NOT use near open flame or
Clean mounting surfaces of hull and any new pad (1) with dry-cleaning solvent to remove adhesive residue and dirt.
[Step 2 Deleted]
Change 1 4-18