10-5. APU COMPARTMENT FRONT AND SIDE DOOR ACCESS COVER FASTENER INSTALLATION.
This Task Covers:
· Strap fastener (11) (Item 131, Appendix H)
· Electric drill (Item 14, Appendix D)
· General mechanic's tool kit
(Item 19, Appendix D)
· Metal worker
· Thread cutting die and tap set
(Item 41, Appendix D)
· Torch set (Item 42, Appendix D)
· TC 9-237
· Twist drill set (Item 46, Appendix D)
· Vehicle parked on level ground
· Fastener (2) (Item 15, Appendix H)
(refer to TM 9-2350-287-10)
· Fastener (Item 16, Appendix H)
Unsafe welding practices can cause serious injury from fire, explosions, or harmful
agents. Allow only authorized personnel to weld or cut metals, and follow safety
precautions in TC 9-237. Protective clothing and goggles must be worn, adequate
protective equipment used, a suitable fire extinguisher kept nearby, and
requirements of TC 9-237 strictly followed.
· All fasteners are installed the same.
· Perform steps 1 through 4 for APU compartment front door fasteners.
· Perform steps 5 and 6 for APU compartment side door fasteners.
Measure and mark locations of two fasteners (1) to be installed on the bottom exterior of APU front door (2).
Weld two fasteners (1) in place.
Measure and mark locations of three holes (3) to be drilled on top surface of APU front door (2).
Drill three 0.204-inch holes (3) in marked locations and tap 0.250-20 UNC-2B through APU front door (2).
Measure and mark locations of 11 fasteners (4) and fastener (5) to be installed on exterior of APU side door (6) and
Weld 11 fasteners (4) and fastener (5) in place.
Change 1 10-18