2-19. TROUBLESHOOTING CHART (continued).
g GAGES (continued).
(10) SPEEDOMETER FAILS TO OPERATE.
General mechanics tool kit (Item 24,
MASTER switch set to OFF
(refer to TM 9-2350-287-10).
Socket wrench socket adapter (Item 63,
Remove portable instrument panel
Open transmission access doors (refer to
Personnel Required: Two
A. 1. Disconnect speedometer drive shaft from
2. Rotate shaft on speedometer by hand.
3. Observe speedometer needle for move-
Does speedometer needle move?
B. 1. Disconnect flexible drive shaft from speed-
ometer angle drive adapter.
2. With the aid of an assistant, rotate drive
shaft by hand at one end.
3. Observe other end for rotation.
Does shaft rotate?
GO TO STEP E
Continued on next page
Replace speedometer (para 7-9).
Verify problem is solved.