OPERATING DOORS (continued)
Lower Rear Door
Opening Door from Inside or Outside Vehicle
Lower rear door locks upper rear door small doors in place. When lower rear door is open, upper
rear door small doors may swing and injure personnel.
The door-latch mechanism has a plunger
that serves as a security lock. When
engaged, the plunger prevents movement
of inner or outer latch handles. Before the
door may be opened from inside or outside,
the plunger knob, located on inside of door,
must be pulled.
1. From inside vehicle, pull plunger knob (1).
2. Lift inner latch handle (2) or outer latch
3. Open and secure lower rear door (3) with
hold-open latch (5).
4. Open and secure upper rear door small
doors (p. 2-141).
1. Close upper rear door small doors (p. 2-
2. Release door (3) from hold-open latch (5).
3. Close door (3) and secure with inner latch
handle (2) or outer latch handle (4).
With door (3) latched, push plunger knob (1) to
lock inner and outer latch handles (2 and 4).