TOWING OPERATIONS (continued)
Towing Vehicle to Start Engine
1. When an M992A1 is towing to start an M109-family vehicle, M109
cab should be turned 180° to keep tube from striking M992A1.
2. Connect tow bar or tow cables (refer to TM 9-491 0-496-10).
3. Shift transmission selector lever (1) into second gear.
4. Depress brake pedal (2)and release parking BRAKE LOCK handle
Never depress accelerator pedal on towed vehicle.
5. Tow vehicle in straight line forward. Do not exceed 10 mph.
6. After engine in M109-family vehicle starts, shift to neutral and adjust
throttle control lever (4) to run engine at a fast idle (approximately 1000
7. Once vehicles come to a stop, disconnect tow bar or tow cables
(refer to TM 9-4910496-10).