BACKING THE VEHICLE (continued)
Backing with One On-board Guide 1.
1. Open rear doors (pp. 2-137 and 2-138).
2. Driver and guide will connect CVC helmet cables to control box receptacles and switch on intercommunications
equipment. Guide must use control box just inside vehicle rear doorway.
3. Driver and guide will establish intercommunications via communications equipment.
* For the safety of personnel in the area, driver must stop vehicle if
communications are interrupted during backing operations.
* To avoid damage to upper rear door and injury to personnel in the area,
ground guide must always consider rear clearance of opened door when
4. From rear doorway, guide will check vehicle path. Guide will verbally instruct driver in backing vehicle.
5. Driver will back vehicle slowly and according to instructions.
6. Guide and driver will continue in this manner until backing operations are complete.
7. After vehicle is properly positioned, turn off intercommunications equipment and remove and stow CVC helmets.