REPAIR FAN AND GENERATOR VARIABLE SPEED DRIVE Continued
11. Remove six screws (1) and washers (2) from front housing (3).
When the front housing is separated from the rear housing, the inner housing with shaft and
clutch assembly may stay with the front housing.
12. Separate front housing (3) from rear housing (4). Tap off at shaft with rubber hammer.
13. Remove gasket (5) from rear housing (4). Discard gasket.
14. Remove the large lock ring (6) that secures the clutch housing assembly (7) to the front housing (3).
If bearing (8) remains inside of front housing (3), go to Step 29 for bearing removal. If bearing
remains on inner housing (7), go to Step 23. After removal of bearing, return to Step 16.
15. Press clutch housing assembly (7) (with shaft and clutch) out of front housing (3).