INSTALL CAPSTAN KIT (M1059A3 ONLY) Continued
10. Measure and mark the correct positions for the smaller stowage support (1) and for the larger support (2) on top of carrier.
All weld sizes are minimum. Do not exceed 1/16 inch (2 mm) over specified sizes.
11. Remove all paint, alodine, and debris from surfaces under stowage supports to be welded.
12. Weld supports (1) and (2) to top plate of carrier as marked in Step 10 in accordance with TM 9-237. Use electrode type
13. Clean weld area and apply touch-up paint to repaired area (see TM 43-0139).
14. Unscrew two retainers (3) to remove two drums (4) from two adapters (5).
15. Place one drum (4) over stowage support (1). Place the other drum (4) over stowage support (2). Secure with two
Install tracks on carrier (see your -20).
END OF TASK
0086 00-5/6 blank