REPLACE ENGINE Continued
Install ten washers (6) and new self-locking bolts (7). TORQUE BOLTS TO 38-41 LB-FT (52-56 N m).
Damage to engine will result if crankshaft endplay is not complied with. Engines require a
crankshaft endplay of not less than 0.004 inch (0.102 mm) nor more than 0.016 inch (0.406 mm)
with new parts or 0.018 inch (0.457 mm) with used parts.
The crankshaft endplay inspection must be completed without the front crankshaft pulley
10. After transmission is mounted to engine, repeat Step 4 and record crankshaft endplay reading.
If the second crankshaft endplay reading has changed, there is binding or misalignment
between the engine and transmission.
11. Compare crankshaft endplay readings from before and after mounting transmission. Before and after crankshaft endplay
readings should not be different.
12. If the readings are different, remove transmission mounting bolts and pull transmission away from engine Steps 53 - 56.
13. Reinstall transmission to engine Steps 5 - 9 ensuring correct alignment of crankshaft and flywheel housing.
14. Recheck crankshaft endplay Step 4 and Step 10.