PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES (PMCS), INCLUDING
LUBRICATION INSTRUCTIONS Continued
ITEM TO BE
e. If transmission has been filled with preservation
oil (MIL-L-21260, Grade PE 10-1), leave this
oil in transmission until first scheduled oil
change. Maintain operating oil level by adding
applicable grade oil (OE/HDO or OEA). When
first scheduled oil change is made, refill
transmission with applicable oil (OE/HDO
Replace filter element (WP 0398 00) each time a
transmission oil change is required.
Use the following procedure when changing oil
grade or when oil is contaminated.
Transmission oil must be flushed when
changing oil grade or when oil is
1) Operate carrier until coolant reaches normal
Do not change transmission oil filter at this
2) Drain transmission oil.
3) Fill transmission with new grade oil.
4) Operate transmission in 1-3 range with
engine idling for 5-6 minutes.
5) Drain oil and change transmission oil filter.
6) Fill transmission with new grade oil.
7) Check oil level.