PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES (PMCS), INCLUDING
LUBRICATION INSTRUCTIONS Continued
ITEM TO BE
a. With engine at idle, sample engine and
DO NOT ADD OIL immediately prior to
taking oil samples. When operation checks
and services indicate the need to replenish
oil levels WAIT until after taking samples
or before prolonged operation of
components will adversely effect oil
1) Obtain two sample bottles from the unit
2) Start engine (see your -10). If required,
operate carrier to bring engine and
transmission up to normal operating
temperatures. Refer to Sampling
Requirements page 0155 00-15.
3) Stop carrier and set the
brakes (see your -10).
4) Place range selector in SL position (steering
lock) and keep engine running.
5) Remove drivers power plant access panel
(see your -10).
6) With engine running remove dust caps from
engine and transmission oil sampling