REPLACE EXTERNAL FUEL TANKS (ALL EXCEPT M577A3 AND M1068A3) Continued
Fuel hoses are installed on both fuel tanks the same way. Right side fuel tank shown.
10. Apply sealing compound to threads of adapters (5). Install adapters in fuel tank.
11. Apply caulking compound to space around adapters on fuel tank (6).
12. Install two elbows (7) with hoses on adapters (5).
13. On M113A3 only, install guard (8) on bulkhead. Secure with five screws (9), new lockwashers (10), and washers (11).
The four spare electrical mounting holes are always the holes located on the outer edge of each
fuel tank. The electrical guards are always mounted on the inner edge of each fuel tank.
14. Install four setscrews (12) in spare holes provided for electrical mounting.