PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES (PMCS), INCLUDING
LUBRICATION INSTRUCTIONS Continued
ITEM TO BE
Drain oil only when hot after operation.
b. Drain gearbox every 150 hours/1500 miles or
1) Place a suitable container under fan gearbox
2) Remove screw and washer from gearbox
housing and drain oil into container
(WP 0248 00). Discard packing.
3) Inspect screw, washer and oil for metallic
particles and foreign matter. If metal chips
are found, notify your supervisor.
4) Lubricate new performed packing with OE/
HDO prior to installing.
5) Install screw and washer in gearbox
housing (WP 0248 00). Tighten screw. Do
NOT over tighten.
6) Fill gearbox with enough OE/HDO oil to
bring the level to center of sight glass. See
Fan Gearbox Lubrication Table (Table 5,
page 0155 00-20).