STEERING LOCKED INDICATOR MALFUNCTIONS
Tools and Special Tools
General Mechanics Tool Kit (WP 0926 00, Item 65)
Multimeter (WP 0926 00, Item 30)
See your -10
Engine stopped (see your -10)
Carrier blocked (see your -10)
Trim vane lowered (see your -10)
Power plant access door open (see your -10)
Some vehicles are equipped with a solenoid-activated steering lock and some with a
cable-activated lock. Unless noted otherwise, the steps in this procedure apply to both
1. Move steering wheel off center position and hold.
2. Turn MASTER SWITCH to ON.
3. Is STEERING LOCKED indicator off?
GO TO AY (PAGE 0054 00-2)
1. Move steering wheel to center position.
2. Does steering wheel lock in center position?
1. Go to Steering Lock Malfunctions
(WP 0076 00 for solenoid-activated
lock or WP 0077 00 for
1. Is STEERING LOCKED indicator on?
GO TO BY (PAGE 0054 00-2)
1. No faults found.