CONVEYOR CHAIN MAINTENANCE- Continued
Capscrews (1) ara secured by nuts Iocated inter-
Nuts must be held in position while
capscrews are Ioosened. If this precaution is not
taken, damage to equipment may result.
1. Loosen take-up plates (2) on both sides
by loosening three hexagonal-head
capscrews (1) on each plate.
2. Loosen or tighten rod-end adjusting nuts
(3) on both sides to move takeup plates
forward or backward.
3. Adjust tension so that conveyor pads (4) hang evenly with bottom of chain-tension
indicator (5). If chain pads hang no lower than bottom of indicator or no higher
than scribed line on indicator, no adjustment is necessary.
4. Secure take-up plates (2) by tightening the three hexagonal-head capscrews (1)
on each plate.
5. Activate hydraulic system and operate conveyor in both directions to check for