MAINTENANCE OF TRACK - Continued
Keep your toes clear of track.
1. Disconnect track in same manner as replacing track shoe, but only remove two
connectors opposite each other.
2. Before removing track fixtures, support weight of track with crowbar to lower track
3. To connect track, refer to page 3-34.
1. Lay track out in front of vehicle in straight line directly ahead of, and touching, first
roadwheel (79 shoes per track).
2. Start engine and drive slowly onto track to point where enough track shoes to
cover idler wheel extend past centerline of last roadwheel.
3. Stop engine; leave parking brake off.
4. Install stop block front and rear.
5. Place an end connector on end of track, and using track fixture handle, lift end of
track over idler wheel until it rests on top of last roadwheel.