OPERATING IN HUMIDOR SALTY ENVIRONMENTS
When operating in humidor salty climates, you must protect your vehicle against
rust and fungus.
1. Check vehicle often for rust and fungus. Clean and lubricate areas where this
is evident. Pay particular attention to:
Hydraulic tank components.
Vision devices (periscopes, lenses).
Recesses and low areas where moisture may lay.
2. Wherever paint is chipped, touch-up paint is required immediately to prevent
3. Lubricate weapons more often.
4. Dont park vehicle in sun for long periods of time.
OPERATING IN DUSTY OR SANDY ENVIRONMENTS
Observe following precautions:
Park vehicle under shelter; if none is available, cover vehicle with
Keep all weapons lubricated and covered when not in use.
Before firing machine gun, remove lubricants from bolt assembly,
receiver, trigger, feed tray, cover assembly, barrel and other moving
Normal fording (without extra equipment) Is allowable
to depth up to 42 Inches. Make sure hull plates are ln-
stalled prior to fording operations. Check for soft mud
or sandy bottoms. Reduce 42-inch fording depth by
estimated amount of vehicle sinkage.
1. Make sure all access plates are installed on bottom of hull.