OPERATING THE APU
To avoid damaging radio components turn off all
radio switches before starting APU.
For operation in extremely cold weather (0° to -65° F),
see Section IV of this chapter.
1. Turn off all electrical and radio switches.
2. Turn vehicle MASTER switch ON.
3. Make sure APU GENerator switch (1) is OFF.
4. Turn FUEL SHUTOFF switch (2) ON. The LOW OIL PRESSure lamp (3) will
light until APU engine starts.
5. Turn PREHEAT switch (4) to MOMentary ON. Hold switch ON for 20 seconds
if outside air temperature is above 55° F. Hold switch ON for one minute if
outside air temperature is between 0° and 55° F. If air temperature is below
0° F, refer to Section IV of this chapter.