TROUBLESHOOTING BASICS (cont)
Locating The Correct Troubleshooting Procedure
1. Component arrives at shop.
2. Read DA form 2404.
3. Verify that problem on DA form 2404 exists.
4. Look up carrier symptom in Troubleshooting Task Index, Section II, in this chapter, and go to that
Perform The Troubleshooting Procedure
5. Make sure you have all items in INITIAL SETUP.
6. Perform required action(s) in Equipment Conditions.
7. Complete first block of task steps.
8. Refer to system schematic or diagram for system components, detail, and clarification.
9. Answer question at bottom of the first block.
10. Follow YES or NO arrows to the next block.
11. Move from block to block. Answer questions and follow instructions. You may be directed to:
do further checks and tests on parts; or
go to another task.
After completing the actions called for on
another page, return to the point in the
troubleshooting procedure where you left
12. Locate fault and perform corrective action.
13. Check to make sure fault is corrected, and there are no new faults.
14. Button up by reinstalling items in Equipment Conditions after finishing troubleshooting task.