5. If armor gun shield mounting holes are not
drilled and tapped in hull top deck, go to
step 6. If these holes have been drilled and
tapped, go to step 9.
N O T E
All dimensions are in inches with metric
6. Measure center points for 12 holes as shown
below, 6 holes on each side of top deck.
7. Drill holes to a maximum depth of 1-1/4
inch (3 cm) using drill sizes as shown below.
8. Tap six holes (rear) to 1/213 UNC2B, two
holes (middle) to 5/8-11 UNC-2B, and four
holes (front) to 3/8-16 UNC-2B. Tap all
holes to 7/8 inch (22 mm) minimum depth.
9. If holes are already in carrier, remove and
discard six 1/2 inch (13 mm) screws and
washers, two 5/8 inch (16 mm) screws and
washers, and four 3/8 inch (10 mm) screws