10. Measure and mark the correct positions for
the smaller stowage support (1) and for the
larger support (2) on top of carrier.
11. Remove all paint, alodine, and debris from
surfaces under stowage supports to be
N O T E
All weld sizes are minimum. Do not ex-
ceed 1/16 inch (2 mm) over specified sizes.
12. Weld supports (1 and 2) to top plate of car-
rier as marked in step 10 in accordance
with TM 9237. Use electrode type 5356.
13. Clean weld area and apply touchup paint
to repaired area (see TM 43-0139).
14. Unscrew two retainers (3) to remove two
drums (4) from two adapters (5).
15. Place one drum (4) over stowage support
(1). Place the other drum (4) over stowage
support (2). Secure with two retainers (3).
1. Install tracks on carrier (see your 20).
END OF TASK