h. OIL/GREASE SEALS.
(1) Inspect lip seals for cracks, wear. cuts, and brittleness. Inspect springs and seal shells for damage.
(2) Replace seals when there are signs of damage or oil leakage.
i. PREFORMED PACKINGS AND GASKETS.
(1) Gaskets and seals on electrical parts maybe reused. Inspect gaskets and seals for wear, nicks, cuts,
and torn or missing gasket material. Replace gasket if needed.
(2) All other preformed packings and gaskets should be replaced when removed unless otherwise stated in
the maintenance task.
j. CORE HOLE PLUGS. Inspect core hole plugs for signs of leakage. Replace damaged core hole plugs.
(1) Inspect inserts for cracks and stripped or damaged threads.
(2) Check inserts for loose fit.
l. SPLINED PARTS. Inspect splined parts for burrs, wear, and twisted, cracked, or broken splines.
m. THREADED PARTS. Inspect all threaded parts for burrs and stripped or damaged threads.
RETAINING RINGS. Inspect retaining rings for nicks, burrs, defects, loss of tension, or wear.
SPRINGS. Inspect springs for wear, defects, breaks, and loss of tension or compression. Inspect springs
using a spring tester.
SHAFTS AND SPINDLES. Inspect shafts and spindles for excessive wear, binding, scores, cracks, burrs,
and obstructed oil passages.
(1) Inspect electrical parts before you install them. Look for mildew and corroded or burned parts.
(2) Inspect electrical parts for pinched or loose wires and for cracked or broken wires, circuit cards, relays,
(3) Inspect insulation and heatshrink tubing for cracks, tears, burns, or missing material.