5. Grind weld area level and smooth. Use disc
6. Locate center of first hole as shown.
Drill all holes straight and at right angles
to hull bottom plate.
7. Drill first hole with 7/16 inch (11 mm)
diameter drill. Bottom plate is 1-1/8 inches
(3 cm) thick. Do not break through. Use
portable electric drill.
8. Tap first hole with a 1/2-13UNC tap to a
minimum thread depth of 7/8 inch (22 mm).
Use twist drill.
9. Position new anchor (1) 32 degrees from
reference line as shown, with centerline of
anchor and bottom centerline of ramp pulley
Secure anchor (1) with one washer (2) and
one screw (3).
Use new anchor (1) as template. Locate
center of remaining two holes. Remove
anchor. Drill and tap holes same way as
first hole (steps 7 and 8).
Clean surface with wire brush.
Paint any exposed metal surfaces
(see TM 43-0139).
GO TO NEXT PAGE
Change 4 10-7