4. Clamp or tack weld new hinge(s) (1, 2, or 3)
on cover (4). Set cover on commanders
cupola. Check alignment of cover hinges with
hinges on cupola.
5. Make sure hinges are aligned and spaced as
6. Weld hinges to cover in accordance with
TM 9-237. Use electrode type 5356.
7. If hinge (3) has been replaced, weld in a new
torsion bar cover (5).
8. Clean the weld area and apply touch-up
paint to repaired area (see TM 43-0139).
F O L L O W - T H R O U G H S T E P S
1. Install commanders cupola cover
2. Reconnect battery ground (see your 20).
(see your -20).
END OF TASK