R E P L A C E I D L E R W H E E L A R M A S S E M B L Y
( A L L E X C E P T M 7 4 1 A 1 )
D E S C R I P T I O N
This task covers:
Remove (page 22-20).
Clean, Inspect, and Replace (page 22-21).
Install (page 22-21).
I N I T I A L S E T U P
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 30, App D)
Torque Wrench (Item 96, App D)
Grease (Item 18, App C)
Sealing compound (Item 54, App C)
see your -10
See your LO
Carrier on level surface
Engine stopped/shutdown (see your 10)
Carrier blocked (see your -10)
Track shroud and covers removed (page 22-2)
Track disconnected (see your -10)
Idler wheel removed (page 22-16)
Road wheel hub removed (page 22-9)
Track tension adjuster disconnected from idler
wheel arm (page 22-24)
R E M O V E
4. Remove idler arm (8) and seal (9) from idler
wheel assembly (2). Discard seal.
1. Remove eight screws (1) and idler wheel as-
sembly (2) from hull.
5. Remove safety relief valve (10) and fitting
(11) from idler arm (8).
2. Remove retaining ring (3) and access cover
(4) from idler wheel assembly (2).
3. Remove preformed packing (5), retaining ring
(6), and spacer (7) from idler wheel assembly
(2). Discard preformed packing.