N O TE
M a k e s u r e t r a c k p a d s p o i n t t o w a rd
C L E A N , I N S P E C T , A N D R E P L A CE
7. Check for damage, wear, and cracks. Re-
place as needed.
(H) Lay track (1) out flat in front of earner
so that track guides are aligned between
first pair of road wheels (3).
Remove blocks used to keep carrier from
moving (see your 10).
Start engine (see your 10). Place range
selector in 1 DRIVE. Slowly drive carrier
forward (see your -10).
(H) Pull track (1) up and over idler wheel
(4), road wheels (3), and drive sprocket (2).
Stop carrier when hub of first road wheel is
directly over third track shoe from the
of the track.
Place range selector in N. Stop engine
(see your -10).
W A R N I NG
Failure to lock steering lat-
erals and block the road
wheels can allow the carri-
er to move and could result
in injury or death. Always
lock steering laterals and
block road wheels before working on the
14. Block carrier (see your 10).
15. Connect track and torque track pin nut to
115-135 lb-ft (156-183 Nm). Use torque
16. Adjust tension (see your 10).
F O L L O W - T H R O U G H S T E P S
1. Install track shroud and cover (page 22-2).
3. Stop/shutdown engine (see your -10).
2. Road test earner (page 2-45) to check that
track is installed properly.
END OF TASK