Transmission or differential damage
could result if universal joint and shaft
are not aligned properly.
10. Install yoke (1) in differential (2).
New style universal joints are permanent-
11. Install eight new screws (3) with washers
(4) to secure universal joints (5) on
transmission yoke (6) and differential
Screws and washers must be clean, dry,
and free of lubricants and paint.
12. Install eight new screws (7) with washers
(8) to secure shaft (9) to two universal
13. Use torque wrench and adapter to tighten
screws to 86 to 94 lb-ft (117-128 Nm)
torque. Loosen and retighten to correct
torque. See page 2-30 for torque wrench
reading with adapter.
1. Close power plant front access door
(see your -10).
2. Raise trim vane (see your -10).
3. Road test carrier (page 2-45) to check
4. Engine stopped/shutdown (see your -10).
END OF TASK