R E P L A C E T R A N S F E R G E A R C A S E O I L F I L L E R
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 30, App D)
see your -10
Dry cleaning solvent (Item 13, App C)
Sealing compound (Item 50, App C)
Oil filler rivet
Engine stopped/shutdown (see your -10)
Drivers power plant access panel removed
Power plant rear access panel removed
(page 24-27 or 24-29)
Carrier blocked (see your -10)
1. Remove rivet (1) and oil filler (2) from trans-
fer gearcase (3). Discard rivet.
CLEAN, INSPECT, AND REPAIR
W A R N I N G
Dry cleaning solvent is
flammable. Keep it away
from heat or open flame.
Use in well ventilated area.
Do not let it get on your
2. Clean oil filler with dry
3. Check oil filler. Replace
cracked body. See page
oil filler that has a
4. Apply a thin, even coat of sealing compound
to cleaned base of oil filler (2).
5. Install oil filler (2) in transfer gearcase (3)
and secure with new rivet (1).
1. Install power plant rear access panels
2. Install drivers power plant access panel
(page 24-27 or 24-29).
END OF TASK